Sunday 17 June 2012

Qunut / "Being Obedient"




اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْت
Allahummahdinii fiman hadait
oh Allah, guide me among those whom you have guided

وَعَافِنِي فِيِمَنْ عَافَيْتَ
Wa'afini fiman 'aafait
and strengthen me with those whom You have given strength

وَتَوَلَّنِي فِمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ
Watawallani fiman tawwallait
take me to Your care with those whom You have taken to Your care

وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أعْطَيْتَ
Wabariklii fiman a'tait
bless me in what You have given me

وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ
Waqini sharrama qadait
protect me from the evil You have Ordained

فَإنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ
Fainnaka taqdi wala yuqda 'aalaik
surely You Command and are not commanded

إنَّهُ لا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ
Innahu la yadhilluman waalait
and non whom You have committed to Your care shall be humiliated

وَلا يَعِزُّ مَنْ عَادَيْت
Wala yai'izzuman 'aadait
and non whom You have Taken as an enemy shall taste glory

تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَ تَعَالَيْت
Tabarakta rabbana wata'aalait
You are Blessed, our Lord, and Exalted


No comments:

Post a Comment